Logon problem

1bLaDe1

Hey, been sum time....
the problem i am encountering is, when i boot my comp, and click on my name at the logon screen....it just immeditly goes back to the logon screen, no matter how many times i log on, i keep ettin back to the same screen ...

Even in safemode i cant access my desktop

can someone help?

thnx

-{bLaDe}

Originally posted by max
im confused :confused:

have you set a password for that account ?

so am i LOL

yea i got like 2 accounts, one wid a password, one without

the problem is

i cant log on to anyof em ...

when i click them, it just says "loggin on" and suddenly "loggin off" and goes back to the user accounts screen ...damn

-{bLaDe}

try hitting ctrl+alt+del two times at the logon screen. This brings up the classic logon... try getting in that way.

Originally posted by Lonman
try hitting ctrl+alt+del two times at the logon screen. This brings up the classic logon... try getting in that way.

tried it .. i ran system restore and it fixed the problem ... but when i rebooted it happed again, now i cant logon or do anything... :(

-{bLaDe}

Ouch. I'm not sure what the problem could be. Is the user account 'Adiministrator' defunct too? Are you using some kind of Log On Screen modification program?

Ouch. I'm not sure what the problem could be. Is the user account 'Adiministrator' defunct too? Are you using some kind of Log On Screen modification program?

ouch is rite, i tryed reinstalling windows as well ... still nothin ....

and no i aint using any Log on Screen modification program etc, you think it might be a virus?

-{bLaDe}

That's very possible.

I guess at this point you're willing to do just about anything. I would try this, and if it didn't work, I'd reformat and do a clean installation. Try deleting the 'logonui.exe' file in the x:\windows\system32 folder.

You might want to hang out for a bit and see if anyone else can offer some suggestions before you resort to the format option.

Can you get into safe mode? Is that where you're at now?

That's very possible.

I guess at this point you're willing to do just about anything. I would try this, and if it didn't work, I'd reformat and do a clean installation. Try deleting the 'logonui.exe' file in the x:\windows\system32 folder.

You might want to hang out for a bit and see if anyone else can offer some suggestions before you resort to the format option.

Can you get into safe mode? Is that where you're at now?

I deleted it but still the same old problem, why did you want me to delete it anyway?

Well i selected "Safe mode with Command Prompt" thats the only way i can get in, and after im in ... i open up task manager, click on [NEW] and type "c:\" ... after a pause the comp loads up(still in safemode) and i recieve sum sort of dll error message ...

I'm gonna try installin anti-virus from there ... and see if the prob is virus based

-{bLaDe}

I deleted it but still the same old problem, why did you want me to delete it anyway?
That file controls that initial logon screen. I was thinking that it might be corrupt. Deleting it will make XP replace it from the dllcache.

I'm at a loss as to what could be wrong with your computer... I'm almost hoping it is a virus so you'll know what caused it. I hate to see you have to reformat and reinstall and not know why. good luck with the virus scan.

That file controls that initial logon screen. I was thinking that it might be corrupt. Deleting it will make XP replace it from the dllcache.

I'm at a loss as to what could be wrong with your computer... I'm almost hoping it is a virus so you'll know what caused it. I hate to see you have to reformat and reinstall and not know why. good luck with the virus scan.

well dude. its all over, i formatted and reinstalled the thing ...
and no, there was no virus detected...

thanks for your help :)

-{bLaDe}

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back