Logon Passwords

A

anewhope

Ok, for my account I set a password for the account so that no one could mess around with me sys.

Now I've decided I dont want a password but want it to boot straight into XP, but can't for the life of me find out how to disable it.

Anyone shed any light?

heh

Start\settings\control panel\user accounts\

have little peak in there mate...

LightWave

hmmm thats no good, well i guess you should go into control panel > users accounts > click on ya self > now where is says "create password" click on that, now where it says enter your old password - enter it, the leave the other passwords feilds blank and click on create password. now that will disable ya password....then i think you might have to do this next step as well....hmmmm then goto startup menu, click run, enter "control userpassword2" (without brackets) and there you will see a setting saying "user must enter a name and password to enter this computer" - make sure this has not got a tick init, then click ok and hopefully viola....done (i hope)

ahh

damn it you spoiled it all :p .. i thought he could figure that out him self.. so i could tell im all that later if he didnt manage 2 do it ... .. hehehe :D

LightWave

aorry dude....

hehehe, sorry dude, ur post wasnt written when i started writting mine,, :D yeah always fun to figure stuff out for yaself, best way to learn.....and being a newbie myself - learning all good ;)

Ill give that a go! I aint been around XP for a while and forgot where everything is, honestly, i did know!

Go into START>RUN and type "CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2". There is a checkbox saying "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer". Deselect that. Then go into CONTROL PANEL and click USER ACCOUNTS. Then click "Change the way users log on or off" and deselect "Use the Welcome Screen". Now your computer should boot without having to log in.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back