Logon Loader problem (boot.ini?)

oerficus

OSNN Addict
Hi all!
I have got a quick question here. I installed the Logon Loader yesterday and first it worked without any problems. I also wanted to use the random feature and here is where the trouble started.
When I turned on my Computer it said that the system couldn't find boot.ini and that it would start up from c:\windows instead. When the system finally wanted to load the logon screen it crashed givin' me the first blue screen since I have been using XP.
I rebooted and started up in save mode in order to turn off Logon Loader. When I booted again there still was the message of boot.ini mssing but the system started up normally and works fine now.
I searched my computer for the boot.ini file but all I was able to fin was a 1KB backup file of it.

Could anyone clear things up for me, please? I just don't know what to do now as everything seems to work normal.

Cheers, Oerficus

Logon Loader ****** up my boot.ini too :(

Try making a new c:\boot.ini with the following content:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP" /fastdetect

This Boot.ini is if you have installed XP
in C:\Windows.

Thx for your hint!

Still the question remains what boot.ini exactly is for when the system still is able to boot properly....

Cheers, Oerficus

PS: Still using logon loader???

I had the exact same problem....although mine would not boot until I replaced the boot.ini file with a back up. Needless to say I don't have it installed anymore.

As for your question I'm don't know. I didn't think a computer would boot without the boot.ini.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back