LOGON freez

I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok i was changing over to mplayer 9 off of windows update and serfing the net, right there it just turned off and now when i try to get on to windows it bring up the welcome screen and stops there, it does that in safe mode too and also i can move the mouse and everything. i just reformatted about 2 days ago and i have only inatalled the sp1 update and all drivers along with UT2K3 and office xp, what would be causing this?

R

rettahc

"Last Known Good Configuration" can be done by pressing F8 during boot, CD should not be required. Although you may want to try to do a repair install.

Shamus MacNoob

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
Originally posted by RogerPhillis
Better still ,uninstall SP1 as it can cause all sorts of minor problems !

Its funny I have had no major or minor problems that were related to sp1 ... why is it anytime something does not work people are so quick to say it is MS's fault its there OS or SP thats the trouble.... I think it is AMAZING that we can set up their OS's on so many different configurations .....with so many possibilities its impossible to make the perfect product ..then you have to allow for HUMAN ERROR <<< thats the real trouble sure there are driver issuses and some quirks but in the end its still amazing.

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
Originally posted by rettahc
"Last Known Good Configuration" can be done by pressing F8 during boot, CD should not be required. Although you may want to try to do a repair install.
Thanx rettahc that's the one. :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arrangel