LOGON freez

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok i was changing over to mplayer 9 off of windows update and serfing the net, right there it just turned off and now when i try to get on to windows it bring up the welcome screen and stops there, it does that in safe mode too and also i can move the mouse and everything. i just reformatted about 2 days ago and i have only inatalled the sp1 update and all drivers along with UT2K3 and office xp, what would be causing this?

Boot up with the xp cd inserted & find your way to the 'last good know configuration'. Run that & see if you can get in.

Better still ,uninstall SP1 as it can cause all sorts of minor problems !

"Last Known Good Configuration" can be done by pressing F8 during boot, CD should not be required. Although you may want to try to do a repair install.

Originally posted by RogerPhillis

and leave your system vulnerable to major ones

Originally posted by RogerPhillis

Its funny I have had no major or minor problems that were related to sp1 ... why is it anytime something does not work people are so quick to say it is MS's fault its there OS or SP thats the trouble.... I think it is AMAZING that we can set up their OS's on so many different configurations .....with so many possibilities its impossible to make the perfect product ..then you have to allow for HUMAN ERROR <<< thats the real trouble sure there are driver issuses and some quirks but in the end its still amazing.

Originally posted by rettahc
"Last Known Good Configuration" can be done by pressing F8 during boot, CD should not be required. Although you may want to try to do a repair install.
Thanx rettahc that's the one. :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back