Logon Errors

N

nicks

My boss has upgraded from 2000 to XP Pro on his Dell Inspiron 8100. On saturday he said the following problem started occuring. When he logs on with correct user name and password XP flashes the "Loading your personal settings" bo and as soon as the screen flashes away up comes up another box stating "Loggin off". The log out occurs as soon as this goes away and your back at square one. This computer is configured to log into a domain, but there's been no problems logging into the domain up until 3 days ago when the problem occured.
Wierd... safe mode works, but not sure where to look for the problem. Looked in registry (HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\WINNT\CurrentVersion\Run and other directories..)

Any ideas?

The only thing I can think of is to have him go into safe mode and look in his start-up stuff... see if there's anything really apparant there. If not, have him create another account and see if that will help.

sounds like what happens if XP has not been activated in the given time

I thought it may be the activiation but my boss said he was sure he went through the process, however I do believe this is the reason. I'll try changing the system clock back a week see if I can actually get into xp then activate the product.

I am having the exact same problem, does anyone know if this is the result of not activating within the 30 day limit ?

regards

Fix

Thanks for all the help that was given, after all the problem was the activation. Seemed he had tried to apply a crack found on www.astalavista.box.sk which removed the activation reminders and also any reference to activation (icon ect). When it came past the 30 day activation period it would just log him out as soon as he logged on.

We rolled the date back to 2 weeks ago, and funnily enough the product activation reminder came up this time, to which he activated the product, and everything "seems" to be working now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back