logitech quickcam web problem

monmusion

OSNN Addict
I got a logitech quickcamera usb a couple of months ago, and I still haven't been able to get it to work quite right. I let a friend borrow it for her laptop and it worked perfectly. She is running windows 98, I am running windows xp. The problem is that after a couple of minutes, the screen goes black, and i cant take a picture or record video, and the only way to get it to work again, is to restart my computer. I installed the latest software from logitech that came out this month. I have Abit K7vt motherboard, and i have the latest via patches and stuff. Ive tried it in my various usb ports and ive tried the pci latency patches and nothing seems to help at all. All my drivers are up to date. Any help would be greatly appriciated bc i am out of ideas.

i had the same problem if you dont uninstall the old drivers before you install the new drivers you will have problems

this is a clean install after formatting, it did it when i first installed, and after the format, so thats not the problem

:( alas I have a problem with a USB cam aswell. Only mine will not let me put my computer in hibranation. Is any one else having this problem? And if you know how to fix it please let me know how.

strange i got the same cam n mine installed fine part from it installin real player n sum other junk but that was easy to remove and all i did was install software then when it asked to insert the usb i did n it worked neva had a prob since (also runnin xp) :confused:

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the via chipsets on teh motherboard. I've read up and other people have problems. Its not an xp thing in itself as far as i know, bc 3 of my roomates had the camera's but they all had pentium processor/mb and none of them had the problems

If some one figtures this out please post. I am having the same problems with my cam.

i got a quickcam vc

it works fine...only the software is not xp compatible as it is a discontinued model.....works perfect with netmeeting,cuseeme,and yahoo messenger.......i tired installing the software once but said it was incompatible and im too lazy to try and make it work:)....too bad then i could show off my modded pice o crap...lol

I seem to be having the same problem as you, mine likes to freeze up also after being on for a few minutes. I would like some help too. HEHE!

my cam splits the screen into two with different color on both side... strangest ever seen..

I to have just (like a mug) bought a creative webcam5, and after a few minutes of use, it freezes, and locks up windows! the only prog i have every had to do that !!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back