Logitech quickcam traveller

B

BornReady

Has anyone managed to get one of these things to work under winxp.
It works fine as a still camera but when you try to use it as the webcam the entire system freezes up... and thats with the xp drivers supplied by Logitech.... and there support is ohhhh so supportive...........
Any help is appreciated.....

Here's a link back to Logitech again:

http://www.logitech.com/cf/support/qctraveler.cfm

There's a "Help Documents" section on this page that looks like a half a mile long or so. I'm willing to bet your issue isn't an isolated one. The first article addresses diagnostics... hopefully that will help you pin down the problem and point you in the right "getting it fixed" direction. Good luck.

Thanks Lonman but all those refer to windows editions prior to XP. The camera works perfectly under windows 98.....

What motherboard are you running? XP and USB has been a headache for a lot of folks, you might try looking for your solution in that direction.

my system is as follows

Asus A7V
650 Duron
384 mgs pc133 ram
Hercules 4500 Kyro II Video Card
Soundblaster live Value

I don't think the problem is the USB ports because the camera does work as a still for downloading photos... Also my printer and joystick are connected to the USB ports with no problems..... As I said all of this works fine under windows 98 but the camera fails to operate as a web cam under XP....... I am stumped

What webcam application are you using? Most likely that application is having problems recognizing the WDM drivers. Try some other webcam applications (i.e., cu-seeme, netmeeting, icuii, ispq,...) and see if it locks up on all applications. Also make sure you can get good vid using the Logitech QuickCam program.

it has locked up on every program that I have tried. The camera seems to work fine as a still camera but for video,, it just freezes...
I get the feeling that Windows XP is only seeing it as a still camera and not as a webcam (Its a dual purpose cam). I have the same problem if I use windows drivers or logitechs drivers. The only support I get from Logitech is them telling me to call there technical support (long distance to the U.S. of course).
I know there is nothing wrong with the camera because its working fine in windows 98SE.
Thanks for your suggestions.......

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back