Logitech MX700

scriptasylum

OSNN Senior Addict
Just a FYI to people looking for a cordless optical mouse; this thing rocks! I was using the regular cordless optical one before until a battery leaked and damaged the internals :mad:

This thing works MUCH better in games and is comfortable (not for lefties tho), plus the nice rechargable cradle. It was on sale at Staples (go figure) for ~$60 US.

...and no, I don't work for Logitech. :)

..but you get some sort of commision from staples tho, right? ;) :D

Never saw the attraction of a cordless mouse myself. I'm perfectly happy to have a nice wire leading out of my mouse to the computer :D

No, but now you mention it, I think I should :p

Ever since I went to a cordless desktop, I'll never go back. I use my desk for other uses than a PC desk and I can just put the keyboard and mouse on a shelf when not in use. Plus, I hate it when I move the mouse and the cord gets hung up on something.

The only gripe I have is that I have to change the AA batteries in my keyboard every month or so. At least Logitech solved the problem with the mouse.

I remember when this mouse came out (less than a year ago?), it was about $100. Now it's almost the same price as models inferior to it.

Yeah love my mouse. Picked one up in March. Never had any problems with it. All plug and play.

Got my bluetooth keyboard and mouse a few days back... very cool.. had infra red before... but now its wireless and looks good too :D - main reason i got the set though was cos the mouse came with a seperate Bluetooth USB Dongle (BUD) which works very nicely with my laptop - so all I need to do to swap between my laptop and computer is move the dongle bit around :)

MdSalih

This thing works MUCH better in games and is comfortable
The new Logitechs do work great, but for some reason they have lowered the wheel height. For large hands like mine it's almost impossible to quickly press it down (it spins fine), something I use to return to my main weapon.

*pats MX700*
Nice mousie. :) Works great, looks great, feels great. It's getting a little dirty though. A bit tarnished looking. I think I need to clean it... :)

Of Course dont forget its the thing you gonna use the most plus the cordless aspect is great you can watch those movies right from the bed and being optical you can use ALL sorts as mouse pads ;) :p

I used to have a MS optical explorer before the MX700 and the smoothness of the MS mouse was aful compaired to the mx700. I throughly recommend it :D

Originally posted by indyjones
you can use ALL sorts as mouse pads ;) :p
Well, not ALL, but most anyway. :)

And h*ll yeah it's worth it.

cool, I'll start saving up...right now I use a Microsoft intellimouse optical...

Battery life

How is the battery life on the mouse? I looked into it, and it seems the batteries are built into the mouse. (BTW I have the corded version, MX 500, which can be had for ~$40 US). If you go on an all-day BF1942 binge, will it make it?

Re: Battery life

Originally posted by Handybuddy
How is the battery life on the mouse? I looked into it, and it seems the batteries are built into the mouse. (BTW I have the corded version, MX 500, which can be had for ~$40 US). If you go on an all-day BF1942 binge, will it make it?
The batteries are normal rechargables. With hardcore usage it should last a few days at least. Just pop it in the charger for a while if it runs out (good sign that you need a break too!).

I've never bought mice from any other company other than Logitech...except once...and that one died in two months, but I got it for like 10 bucks anyways. :mad:

I love Logitech :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back