Logitech Mouse stops Scrolling after Switch...

zapoqx

Striking Master
I have a slight issue in which when I use my KVM switch to switch my keyboard, mouse, and moniter use to my server system, the server always has no problem with the mouse. However, when I switch back to my computer, I can no longer use the Logitech's mouse scrolling feature. This didn't happen before on my old mouse so I don't know what's goin on.

My Logitech mouse is the MX518 Gamer's Mouse.
My old mouse was just a regular 3 button mouse (2 buttons and the scroll button).

Any help?

zapoqx said:
I have a slight issue in which when I use my KVM switch to switch my keyboard, mouse, and moniter use to my server system, the server always has no problem with the mouse. However, when I switch back to my computer, I can no longer use the Logitech's mouse scrolling feature. This didn't happen before on my old mouse so I don't know what's goin on.

My Logitech mouse is the MX518 Gamer's Mouse.
My old mouse was just a regular 3 button mouse (2 buttons and the scroll button).

Any help?
That is your problem right there. I have been doing a lot of research on KVM's recently as I am pricing one to get for myself, and for what I have read, a lot of devices will loose the advanced mouse features when you swith over. Honestly, I believe the mouse is too advanced for the KVM.

However, do you have the latest firmware (if applicable) and drivers installed on all machines for your mouse?

Are you switching through the KVM itself or through a keyboard combination?

With a keyboard combination. There is no physical way to switch it on there as far as I know. If you want to know the combo, it would be:

Scroll Lock, Scroll Lock, Up/Down (either works)

I know when I used a KVM with my logitech keyboard, the KVM caused the Logitech program (SetPoint) to see the keyboard as a standard keyboard and not the MX3000.

I've been running a 4 way KVM for 2 years (used to have a 2 way but it wasn't enough).

It will occasionally go stupid if I turn off one of the computers and it won't switch to/from a PC at certain points in the boot process. I've had no problems other than these.

Just for fun I tried the following:
1) With my logitech opitcal mouse connected - Booted a second computer. Switched back and forth a couple times and tried all functions. The special mapping of the wheel button works on this machine where it's mapped and comes up as universal scroll on the other machine.

2) Unplugged my optical mouse and plugged in my logitech MX 510 with both computers running. Switched between the computers a couple of times and then used the stndard 3 button features on the MX510 and the scroll buttons above and below the mouse wheel. Everything worked on both computers except the wheel button did not use the special function I had mapped. The two buttons on the side did not respond but then I don't have the MX510 installed right now.

3) Plugged the Optical Mouse back in and the wheel button is producing the special function I have mapped to on this machine. Produces the universal scroll on the other machine.

Conclusions. It's a logitech software problem. Sometimes special mapping works and sometimes not. With my setup it seems to be working.

Airlink Slim 4 Port KVM Switch (Note it has switch buttons which I only use if it locks on a non-responding computer.) $29

Running the latest Logitech Mouseware drivers.

Note- I use the PS2 ports not the USB port. USB gets finicky at times and my KVM is PS2 only.

Last edited:
It was doing that before I told the Setpoint to be the main use of the mouse settings.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back