Logitech G5 Laser Mouse Firmware Update 1.1

zeke_mo

(value not set)
Staff member
Political Access
Found this on logitechs site, its a bit old but better late than never
Note: The 64-bit version of Windows® XP does not support this update.
  1. Plug your mouse into the USB port on your computer.
  2. Open the G5Update.exe file.
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions:
    1. If your mouse needs to be updated with the current firmware (version 1.1), the program will say "Found a G5 with firmware 1.0."
      1. Click on the "Flash" Button
      2. The program will then automatically prepare your mouse for the update and execute the update. This process takes less than 30 seconds. During this stage, it is critical that you do NOT unplug your mouse or quit the program
      3. Once the update is complete, you will see a message asking you to unplug and re-plug your mouse
      4. After you've plugged your mouse back in, choose "Exit" to close the update program
    2. If your mouse already has the current version 1.1 firmware, the program will say "Found a G5 with Firmware version 1.1" — there is no need to update your mouse. Just click on the Exit button to exit the program.
Your updated Logitech® G5 Laser Mouse is now ready for use.
Not sure exactly what they fixed; I did read on another forum site that they updated the reaction to new surfaces...who knows. Anyway, enjoy :)

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/software/US/EN,CRID=1792,contentid=11017,OSID=1,softwareid=11305

Owners of the Logitech gaming rats who have felt the troubles of black mousepads will be glad to know that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Logitech has released a firmware update on their website that patches the G5 to 1.1, enabling the mouse to work on more surfaces where tracking would otherwise be an issue.
g5updater.jpg

The problem stemmed from the latest Agilent laser sensors used in the Logitech G5, G7, and Razer Copperhead and their incompatibility with modern mousepads that were designed for LED optical mice which make up the vast majority of the market. Black mousepads (especially those with rough surfaces) such as the Icemat and fUnc pads were particularly to blame.

Logitech advises gamers experiencing issues with the G5's tracking to install the latest firmware, and avoid matte or very high gloss finishes. For now, the G7 remains unpatched since the majority of complaints were from G5 owners, although this may change in the future. Owners of the G7 that are experiencing issues are encouraged to call Logitech's support line at 702-269-3457.

Pulled from http://www.everythingusb.com/logitech.html

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back