Logitech Cordless/Bluetooth MX Duo

champ2005

| xs |
Irrespective of price, which one would you prefer, a Logitech Cordless MX Duo, or the Logitech Cordless MX Duo for Bluetooth? Would the bluetooth one be more or less responsive/lag etc than the RF one?

No there's no difference in lag. The only difference is the the BT version gives you a BT station in case you get more BT stuff so you won't need to buy an adaptor.

The BT version might have problems being used before you get into Windows, not really sure. Some BT keyboards have problems with this.

Zedric said:
The BT version might have problems being used before you get into Windows, not really sure. Some BT keyboards have problems with this.
Nah ive thoroughly read all the pdf guides off the logitech website and it states that the bt station also has a ps/2 connector so you can access bios / windows safe mode.

champ2005 said:
Nah ive thoroughly read all the pdf guides off the logitech website and it states that the bt station also has a ps/2 connector so you can access bios / windows safe mode.
Ok, goodie. I knew some of Logitech's models had solved this, just not which ones. ;)

Zedric said:
Ok, goodie. I knew some of Logitech's models had solved this, just not which ones. ;)
my RF version supports USB keyboard for BIOS settings, think the mobo has to support it though, and it tends not to work until its installed in windows, so keep the old ps2 keyboard plugged in until its all installed, and only use the drivers from the website, 2 many shutdown issues with cd release :(

GoNz0 said:
my RF version supports USB keyboard for BIOS settings, think the mobo has to support it though, and it tends not to work until its installed in windows, so keep the old ps2 keyboard plugged in until its all installed, and only use the drivers from the website, 2 many shutdown issues with cd release :(
Yes, yes. The RF versions never had any problems. The BT version is quite different. I think that for instance MS BT keyboards can't be used in bios, since BT isn't activated until you get into Windows. People have had som problems installing Windows as you can imagine. ;)

I could survive the XP install with only a basic PS/2 connection sans mouse, im fairly good at my kb shortcuts. I just have one more question,
can you install more than one bluetooth 'stack' on one os? and completely off topic, could someone please enlighten me on what fubar stands for?

fubar stands for F****D Up Beyond All Recognition - about bluetooth I no not, but FUBAR I know ;)

ah, it all makes sense now, thanks mfg :)
the reason im asking about the bluetooth stacks is because ive heard that the logitech supplied one might not support all bt devices. Would ActiveSync (with a hp ipaq h5450) work using the logitech bt stack?

I haven't heard about any incompatibility issues, but I'm not really on top of it so they might exist. :)

And if you can have more than one, I have nooo idea. Ask MS.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back