Logitech blew me away!!

LordOfLA

Godlike!
Hey folks,

Litele background info: My awesome mx1000 has been suffering (at home) from the jumpy cursor bug and the latest setpoint did little to alleviate it.

Anyway I looked up their uk support number which was direct dial suprisingly, and called.

A person answered in 2 rings!!! Stunned silence greets the person at logitech for a few seconds - I was expecting an automated system with recorded "try this first" messages.

But anyway they've said to reinstall stpoitnand try a different usb port and if that doesnt fix it to contact the place I bought it from.

Which for me is a PC world in birmingham heh.

If they wont replace it Logitech have said they will.

Awesome support for a mouse if you ask me (okay they didnt say alot but its a mouse, what can you do really???)

Much apperication for Logitech now - not only do they make great hardware, but also thy have great support :D

I now return you to your daily grind :D

I had that bug too, still do - but i used the usb-> ps2 converter, that solves it

Good news with the customer help! I want something by logitech to break now :( lol :p

Electronic Punk said:
Thats because the MX1000 is top of the range :D

People can say this all the time, other than the higher DPI, and the fact that the 1000 is cordless there is nothing which would leave me to believe the MX1000 is THAT much better to justify the extra $$ Lowest difference I saw was on the order of $10 which isnt that much really its just the point.

Pardon my puniness....

Hehehe

On Wed I had already ordered my MX518 hehe

mlakrid said:
People can say this all the time, other than the higher DPI, and the fact that the 1000 is cordless there is nothing which would leave me to believe the MX1000 is THAT much better to justify the extra $$ Lowest difference I saw was on the order of $10 which isnt that much really its just the point.

Pardon my puniness....

Hehehe

On Wed I had already ordered my MX518 hehe
The fact that it IS higher DPI and has a cordless system that works and works well was enough for me to buy one. Add to that the nice feel, side scrolling wheel, application switch button, and charge indicator and you have a superb mouse. The two I have are well worth the $48 I paid for them.

I have 2 of them because I love them so much. The charge on the battery lasts a long time. The feel of the mouse is great, the accuracy is amazing. And the fact that I can mix it with my LX700 keyboard and still use the same receiver is outstanding.

Great technical support system. I've never really had much luck with automated systems, especially with HP Printers. It's nice to hear that some companies are still choosing to remain so 'direct' :)

I should really get a new mouse too, I'm still using one of those old MS whell Mouses :nervous:

Electronic Punk said:
uhuhuh, you said cord.

You DAMN SKIPPY I did!

LOL

lets have a fragfest with people using MX 1000s vs those using MX518s there will be a victor!

ShepsCrook said:
I have 2 of them because I love them so much. The charge on the battery lasts a long time. The feel of the mouse is great, the accuracy is amazing. And the fact that I can mix it with my LX700 keyboard and still use the same receiver is outstanding.

Sheps, your using the same reciever for you 700 as for your MX1000?? I ask because I currently have an MX700 KB/Mouse combo set, the only reason I've put off buying a MX1000 is because I was told I would have to use a seperate reciever, which isn't that big of a deal but is still a pain for me, so I figured I'd wait until a combo set came out with it. But if I can use the same reciever then I may have to look at picking one or 2 up.

Thanks,
James

**Edit**

Nevermind, I misread your post, you are using the lx700 which can be used with the mx1000 because they work on the same RF system (or whatever) unfortunatly the mx700 does not.

Last edited:
mlakrid said:
lets have a fragfest with people using MX 1000s vs those using MX518s there will be a victor!

Hrm, Can I be in this fragfest too? I have a Razer Diamondback :)

Aprox said:
Hrm, Can I be in this fragfest too? I have a Razer Diamondback :)

No, sorry, only cool people ;)

onimkron said:
I should really get a new mouse too, I'm still using one of those old MS whell Mouses :nervous:
I've heard you can get dead/defective Microsoft mice replaced for free (no shipping charges either), without having to send back the old unit. :)

*** YOU DO NOT NEED TO SUPPLY YOUR SALES RECEIPT, RETURN YOUR OLD MOUSE, OR PAY ANY SHIPPING CHARGES. ***

Note: Refer to the warranty or call the toll free number if you have any questions about Microsoft's policy. Below I'll outline the information given to me over the phone by a Microsoft Supplemental Parts rep.

If you call Microsoft Supplemental Parts (800-360-7561 toll free USA & Canada) they will give you a fax (716-447-7330). All you have to do is fax them the following:

1) To: Microsoft Supplemental Parts (<- rep said this was important)
2) your first & last name
3) address
4) telephone number
5) email address
6) photocopy of the bottom of your mouse, with a setting clear and light enough to show the Product ID information on the mouse.

NetRyder said:
I've heard you can get dead/defective Microsoft mice replaced for free (no shipping charges either), without having to send back the old unit. :)

Wow... now this could be COOL... I have a microsoft wireless desktop that just stopped working, I wonder if they will replace both items...??

Hehe Never hurts to try...

mlakrid said:
ok maybe so, but the DPI on the 1000 is what?

The MX518 has 1600 DPI NATIVELY already how much do you really need?

Well the MX1000 users an infrared laser focused to between 832 and 852nanometres - go do the math and thats how many DPI it can see :D

hmm.... i know this thread is somewhat old........ but mlakrid..... i wouldn't mind joining you in that fragfest. you and xx amount of people say the MX518 is better cause if it's native 1600dpi........ 80% of these forums love the MX1000 cause well....... it's the MX1000. The player himself wins the game, not the mouse. :p yes, i know...... remake of an old quote...... but it's the truth. people can have the best hardware out there....... but if they completely SUCK at what they're playing, then the best hardware can't help them.

Kinda like the guy that works with a friend of mine. he's an Alienware nut. my friend told me that the kid doesn't really know what a video card is, or what it's main function is, but if he sees something in an alienware magazine, it HAS to be the best. pfft.

ElementalDragon said:
hmm.... i know this thread is somewhat old........ but mlakrid..... i wouldn't mind joining you in that fragfest. you and xx amount of people say the MX518 is better cause if it's native 1600dpi........ 80% of these forums love the MX1000 cause well....... it's the MX1000. The player himself wins the game, not the mouse. :p yes, i know...... remake of an old quote...... but it's the truth. people can have the best hardware out there....... but if they completely SUCK at what they're playing, then the best hardware can't help them.

Kinda like the guy that works with a friend of mine. he's an Alienware nut. my friend told me that the kid doesn't really know what a video card is, or what it's main function is, but if he sees something in an alienware magazine, it HAS to be the best. pfft.

LOL, Very true... I play WoW and the differences between the mice for an RPG is minimal. I prefer corded mice because I have had problems with cordless ones before most notably was when my neighbors mouse was moving MY cursor... imagine my suprise when my mouse started moving around and clicking on stuff that wasnt meant to...

But I rock in WoW... I love MMORPGs and WoW is the best I have played to date.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back