Login XP using 'administrator'

q12368c

OSNN Addict
today I installed a new XP to my PC, when require the username, I found that I can't use 'administrator' when entering the name during setup, so I choose other name. but this name have the admin right.

how can I login the PC using administrator after finished install?

thk!

if you're using XP pro you can log in to "administrator" at the login screen (if you use the welcome screen just press ctrl-alt-del to get the log in promt)
password is either blank or one you setup during install
If using XP Home, boot into safe mode, and admin should be availible on the welcome screen

Correct me if I am wrong but isnt there a Ctrl+Alt+Del (pressed two times)

which defaults you to the administrator login?

CTRL + ALT + DEL pressed twice does NOT default to the Administrator logon, it will only switch from the "Welcome Screen" to the "Classic login". This gives the ability to enter the user name manually, rather than being restricted to what is displayed.

or you could just go to users in control panel and click on "change the way users log on or off, then uncheck welcome screen to have the classic login screen come up by default and then just type in administrator and whatever the password may have been which is blank unless you entered one, also the user you created originally has admin rights, so why would you even want to login as admin anyway?

you still need to type in administrator and the password in XP pro, and even this step won't work in XP home (although as pointed out it will default to the old 2k method of logging onto a machine)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back