Login Script Help

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
I'm doing something wrong, and I think I'm at the point where I need a fresh set of eyes because I'm missing something and I'm sure it's something very stupid/easy/silly.

I'm trying to setup login scripts for a small network area, and something isn't quite right. Here is what I am doing from start to finish....

1. Ensure NETLOGON folder is shared, with EVERYONE having Read permissions (no other restrictive permissions, just higher for proper admin groups)
  2. Create script for each user, place in that directory
  3. Within profile tab for the user in AD, under login script I put the name of the script, such as "user.bat"
  4. When the user logs into their machine, nothing runs.
What gives? Assistance mucho appreciated.

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Yeah, that is where NETLOGON points to. There is more amiss however, certain GPO settings aren't applying either. I'm in the process of fixing a few things which will hopefully fix my script issue too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nasty12