Login Problems

S

Slackz

Hi,
I've just setup a wireless network between 2 machines and its all working fine now. I want to have one of the machines 'headless' sitting under my TV in the lounge and being used as a server, with my other machine in my bedroom as the client.

One problem I have is that every time I reboot the server I have to logon, which is a real pain when theres no monitor. I know its possible to skip the logon screen by not setting a password but this means I cant use Remote Desktop, which I need.

Is there any way of having my server automatically log me on? I dont need all the security features as I'm the only one who every uses these machines.

Both machines run Windows XP Pro 2600.

Use Tweak UI (or similar)

Hi, Slackz!

You an use Tweak UI (part of the Windows XP Power Toys) or a similar program to automatically log into a password-protected account. In Tweak UI, open the "Logon" branch on the left, choose "Autologon", and follow the instructions.

Yes, you'll probably need a monitor to do this the first time.

This does not have the problem that existed in 2000/Me and previous of storing your password unencrypted in the registry (at least, as far as I've found).

To get Tweak UI and the rest of the Windows XP powertoys, go to the xp-erience.org download section.

Hope that helps!
CDJ

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back