Logging In

Squirrelish87

OSNN Junior Addict
I seem to remember, back in the day, there was a way to do this: When you start your computer, you know how most people have it start the logon screen, and some have it to have the box for username come up? I was wondering, if from the logon screen, there was a hotkey to open that little logon box. The point is to have the normal Logon screen for my one acct, then be able to switch into the admin using the logon box. Anyone know of one?

To go from the Welcome Screen to the Windows 2000 style login, press CTRL+ALT+DEL twice and you'll get the login prompt you want temporarily.

Hm its not working with my custom login screen... maybe thats why i couldnt find it. Ill check the options on the actual editor and see. Thanks man!

Hm no neither will work, even if i take off my custom one and take out the program that applies it. Ok lets try a different route. Any way to do it like this?

Run... CMD someswitchuserfunction admin password ?
Any way to do it in he cmd prompt?

Last edited:
What version of Windows are you running? I'm not sure if this is available in XP Home.

I use pro and it works.

Home, ah that could be why! Anyway, about the cmd thing..... that could be much more advantagous

CTRL+ALT+DEL works for both XP Home and XP Professional when using the "Welcome Screen".

I cant get it to work for some reason, with or without loginstudio changing it. Is there another way to switch to the admin w/out restarting?

By the way, if you want to login to THE administrator account you can't in Home. The admin account is only accessible in Safe Mode, there may be a way for change that but I don't know of any.

Eeww. Ok lets try something else then. Hidden account, not shown on welcome screen but its there. How toget one, how to manage it, and how to get onto it. Any ideas?

"With or without loginstudio"?

Whatever "loginstudio" is it is obviously screwing up the functionality of the "Welcome Screen". I would ditch it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back