ApparitionX

Sick of it all.
I'm not sure what's going on here, but anytime I want to post, or view any thumbs (i.e.- "how tough are you", or "june desktops") I get promted to log in. I show up as logged in on the user list, I know I'm logged on, cuz I'm here, little green light is on under to my name in the posts, but every page I move to tells me I can't post, gotta log in. So I log in again, post/view whatever, move on, and the next thing I try to view/post, I have to log in again.
I really got confused when I noticed that my username was viewing a certain thread, but I still had to log in to post to it.
Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated, it's kinda becoming a PIA.
Thanks.

Maybe should you erase the Osnn cookie, close IE (or other browser), open it again and accept the new cookie from Osnn... try this.

yeah, I did try that, cleaned out my cookies, cache, temp internet files, all that good stuff. Still keeps happening, in fact, it seems to be happening from the start every time I've visited over the last few days, everything was fine till recently. :(
Thanks for the suggestion though HW. :)

The thing about cookies is, it would affect everyone if there was a problem, must be some kind of scurity issue I guess?

You will of course show up as logged in, even if you are not, as basically you are logged in until you go thru 15 minutes of inactivity, monitoring your online status is not a real time process. Physically logging out however will remove you from this list.

dreamliner77 said:
Did you change a security setting recently?

Nope, sure haven't changed anything recently.

Electronic Punk said:
The thing about cookies is, it would affect everyone if there was a problem, must be some kind of scurity issue I guess?

You will of course show up as logged in, even if you are not, as basically you are logged in until you go thru 15 minutes of inactivity, monitoring your online status is not a real time process. Physically logging out however will remove you from this list.

Well, the inactivity makes sense, but it seems to be happening right away. And yes, I would figure if it was something with cookies then everyone would be affected like you said. Any other suggestions?...specific ports to check or anything? I'm really kinda stumped on this one. :confused:

hey!!!! it didn't happen posting this reply!!??? :confused:

Security and Privacy in Internet Explorer settings, try resetting them to defaults and then restarting IE
Clear cookies while you are there

(are you manually removing osnn.net cookies or wiping the lot?)
OSNN cookies are all forum.osnn.net I think,

Electronic Punk said:
Security and Privacy in Internet Explorer settings, try resetting them to defaults and then restarting IE
Clear cookies while you are there

(are you manually removing osnn.net cookies or wiping the lot?)
OSNN cookies are all forum.osnn.net I think,

ok well, it was happening yesterday with firefox as well as IE, and now that I've brought it up, it doesn't seem to be happening anymore...figures. heh heh...I'll reset IE if I have a prob again and see what happens.

cookies-I usually just wipe the lot of em, then sometimes go in check for and manually remove anything that got missed.
but for dealing with this, I've just been going the manual route.

Thanks guys. :)

This happens to me sometimes but I found that about 5 to 7 minutes of inactivity will cause me to be logged out.

Now I know that and been watching what I'm doing I've been Ok for the last month haven't got kicked out once.

It shouldn't do it at all tho :s
Once I login in via either the forums or the frontpage, I stay logged in until I log out or clear my cookies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back