Log a user off with another user

D

Duca

I know how to log users off from other names, but so do people in my family. Now my mom and my sister always stay logged on, even when they have nothing running. I log them off, but they get pissed and they log me off. I was wondering if there is a way to stop other users from logging me off without changing the user to limited. Thanks

I know how to log users off from other names, but so do people in my family. Now my mom and my sister always stay logged on, even when they have nothing running. I log them off, but they get pissed and they log me off. I was wondering if there is a way to stop other users from logging me off without changing the user to limited. Thanks

You can try looking through the Group Policy (START-->RUN-->gpedit.msc)

Other than that, no.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm,

that bold type helped I can tell you.

yes, put a password in for your user, don't tell your mom or sis the password, booooooooooooooom

:cool:

Simply lock the machine ;)
Press CTRL-ALT-DELETE and click 'Lock machine'. No one can then log u off or do anything without ur valid password entered.

or you can shortcut it by pressing the Windows key + L together.

Set their account as limited user seem to be the only way, then they will not be able to log you off while password protected since only a user with Admin rights is the only user able to log someone off, as long as they do not know your password this should work or use Group Policy to disable the logoff option, however this would affect all users.

U could also remove them from the admin group of users if they r a member of that group. I know that somewhere in the computer management console I thinks its under users u can change what a limited account can and can't do more.

Hope this ideas and stuff help u

By computer management console he means "control panel" ;)
Shish, u didnt have to make it more complicated hehe

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back