Locking Up internet Explorer???

D

drdoug26

I've got a simple domain network setup at my office. (4 workstations running win98 and 1 NT4.0 server) I've recently added DSL to the office. The DSL is served up through a netopia router which uses DHCP to give the network ip addresses.

The employees are out of control - using the internet when they should be working. The question.

How can I BLOCK certain workstations or password protect them from the internet without disrupting my local Domain/network?????????
Is there a way to lock-up internet explorer??
Thanks in advance

HillHammer

:confused:

lol, you could do this... Get the latest version of IE on all the machines. In IE, go to Tools> Internet Options> 'Content' tab> enable the 'content advisor,' set the level REAL high, make a password that no one will be able to guess at. Trust me... they won't be surfing very much it they have to type a password to access Disney. ;)

That is a great idea!!!!!!!!

I never even thought of that one.

I'll give it a try tomorrow!!!!

Thanks again

Doug

thanks Lonman

"Trust me... they won't be surfing very much it they have to type a password to access Disney."

Maybe it's morning delirium, but I seriously fell off my chair when I read that, still laughing, having trbl typing...oh god...

That made my day!

still laughing...christ make it stop

lol, yeah... when I thought of the 'solution' I had to chuckle to myself. Hopefully, his employees aren't bright enough download Netscape or something - but, if they're not bright enough to stay off the internet during business hours, then he should be safe.

I activated that stinkin' content advisor to help someone troubleshoot theirs... that thing sucks!!! I couldn't open anything w/o the password. They'll catch on pretty quick at work... Dude won't be very popular for awhile for sure. :D

If..

it were me, I would delete the content advisor key in the registry, and if I did not know where it was, look on Microsoft at home for it. Can't live without Disney...that site rocks!

of course

to even access the registry, the Admin would have to give you admin rights or make you part of the admin group. that is, if the admin was awake and not smoking crack. i am quite sure Lonman does not smoke crack. As for the others here, I am not so sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back