Locked out ... HELP!!!!

J

Joose

ok... at a lan this weekend, i left my computer at my friends house. I picked up my computer yesturday to turn it on and now when i go to log in, it says either bad password or possible incorrect domain.

my friends swear that they didnt do anything more than just trying to get in. I did see them pounding away, trying to get in to my computer and getting fed up with it and just pushing buttons.

Is there anyway to check to make sure that its not checking another domain for the administrator rather than my computer for the administrator?

is there any buttons i can push at logon that will pop up the domain box???

If you're using the classic logon, you can tell by clicking on options. See if there isn't a third line with a drop down box.

If you're using the default logon, I don't know of anyway around this unless you have third party software.

Do you normally log on to a domain? Or do you use the Welcome Screen for logging on. If you use the welcome screen then you can't be logging on to a domain. Try hitting Alt-Ctrl-Del a few times until you get a classic login box and try your username/password there and see if it works.
/Lactic

Also, try doing the CTRL-ALT-DEL twice and enter "Administrator" as the username and the password you set at installation for Administrator. Then reset the password of the locked account from there.

JJB6486

ya none of those worked... the Administrator account's password is wrong...

this thing is really messed up!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back