Lock Down Windows 2000 Workstation

DJ-phYre

To whom it may concern
For Reference: http://www.ntfs.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35364

This should have been the forum I posted this topic in. At the time I was in a hurry and just went to the other forum.

We are setting up Windows 2000 on school computers and want to lock down the computers to where the students can not change the settings. If we lock down the computers through MMC or GP then the administrators can not change the settings either. We are not on a domain so we can not do it that way. The only way is to lock down the local machine. There is a student account and an administrater account. The way I see it there is no way to do it unless you lock down EVERYONE, not just a specific user. If anyone has any insight on this please let me know...

Your adjusting the settings under computer configeration thats why, did i not make that clear.

As I said in the other thread if you focus on the settings under user configeration you are only chaging the current users settings and not those of the administrator or any other user on the system.
We determined that as you only want to provide one user account to the students that this would work.

If you want you can use third party software. Search this forum section and you will find some good solutions.

I wont regard this as a dupe but if you could in the future just stick to the one post that would be nice :)

OK we have everything now we are just trying to lock control panel and IE down... If there is anything anyone knows let me know please...

As I posted before.... IEAK (Internet Explorer Administration Kit) I even gave you a link (too lazy to look it up again). I even offered to send you a branding file if you were too lazy to do it yourself. Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back