• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Local Domain XP logon Errors

M

MeanGene

Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. (The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted. ). Group Policy processing aborted.

Automatic certificate enrollment for local system failed to contact the active directory (0x8007054b). The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.
Enrollment will not be performed.

I find these errors in the Event Viewer Application section. I also take a long time to login. I have a Windows 2000 server runing AD and DNS is running but DHCP comes from the Asante router via Pacbell.

JJB6486

Retired Mod
Political User
Are you sure the domain is spelled correctly, and that the user account on the domain controller you are using has the correct rights?

JJB6486

C

chooch

Is the workstation pointing to the right DNS Server or is the DHCP Server giving it the proper IP for your DNS? Try pinging the host name of your DC, if you get a reply then scartch the above, if not then your workstation is not pointing to the proper DNS. Also try pinging anything make sure you have connectivity, just my two cents.

M

MeanGene

Yes it should be correct, I added the XP machine to the domain through the seup Wizard. When I go in to AD on the server (throght Terminal Server). The machine is there and all user accounts are there. I am a Domain Admin.

I have turned DHCP back on and am going to see if that helps. I am sure that I am not the only one doing this. What is the best way to set up a local domain?

I mean, It isn't a problem until you have a Server, a router and a DSL modem that are all trying to do DHCP. I have truned it off in the modem and run it form the router. This is done because the server is not always on and I want to make sure the network can always get to the internt without having to turn another computer on. But I want to have AD running for access to additional resources when available.

C

chooch

Do you have Dynamic DNS enable on your server (I'm assuming the server is also a DHCP client) this would ensure that DNS has the proper IP for the server, not really recommended, the best way, in addition to what you already have which is fine, would be to give the server a static IP and leave it on at all times.

M

MeanGene

Do you mean DDNS?

Everything works find once it gets booted. Complete connectivity. It just takes a couple of minutes to logon, and the error messages in the event viewer. I would like to figure out how to get around this.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix