Loading Problem

N

Nokia666

Hi,
Just wondered if anyone can help me with this:
I am running XP Pro on a simple peir to peir netword with my desktop and laptop.
Now I want both machinces to load up and ask me to log in. However I dont want users without a password to be allowed in. I only want the 1 Admin account and no guest's allowed.
Currently on my Laptop, It loads up and doesn't even ask me for a login and goes straight into windows. How can I configure both machine to have just 1 Admin account and if no one has the password for that then they dont get access to the computer?
Thank for your hlp in advance :)

Come on people, someone must be able to help me with this? If you can't tell me how to get it so no-one can access the PC without a password, can you at least tell me how I can set the login screen back on my Laptop as it boots straight into windows?

Any help is appreciated :)

on the laptop make sure that you didn't use tweakui or such to set it to autologin,

and if you didn't, then goto start, control panel, user accounts, change the way users logon and off, and make sure use the welcome screen is checked

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back