Loading PCAW 10.0 onto XP

M

Mounty2001

?, I loaded PCAW 10.0 and it changes the XP logon back to the win NT/2000 style. Now I've lost the "ease" of loggin on between dirrerent users. Any suggestions for a fix, or am I stuck with it? Without installing XP again.

If you keep PCAW yeah, it's gone. I gotta say though, PCanywhere is a dead horse (in my opinion) now that remote assistance and remote desktop are available. I don't know if just uninstalling PCAW will fix it or not. You may need to do a system restore from before you installed it.

System restore is unnnesisary. I just uninstalled and it came back. I just use WinVNC for the remote desktop. Its a great freeware replacement to Terminal Services/Remote Desktop. The client program fits onto a floppy disk, and there are even browser based Java clients for it. Remote access from any PC w/ a internet connection

http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc

JJB6486

Thanks for in input. I'm looking into the VCN app. I've tried the remote access but, I find it doesn't give you the full controll that pcaw does. You still need to have someone on the other end allowing you to do things such as file transfer and making directories. The reason I use pcaw 10 is that at work I'm on Win Nt, and at home I us XP. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back