Live webcam

I'll give the proggy a try. I've been using the take picture button to get an
instant answer, it's says 'ftp error unable to connect to server'.

I've also tried booru webcam which I like the look of and seems nice and easy but get the same result from that to.

Is it possible that the server is blocking these webcam programs and will only
accept recognised ftp programs? I use Terrapin ftp for my website.

Most of these apps simply use Microsofts underlying FTP stuff to connect, so they wouldn't be blocked.

is "dslftp.dsl.pipex.com" definitely the right ftp address?

I only skimmed the posts but I don't believe anyone mentioned this. Set up remote desktop, remote desktop to you computer. I know someone that did this and was able to see his roomate via webcam.

Just a thought.

Dan

Er, remote desktop would watch the desktop of a remote computer. Not the room outside that a web-cam can see.

Also a remote desktop can not be shared unless using a third-party app like VNC.

I should have made myself more clear.
1. Remote desktop to the computer that has the webcam.
2. Using the remote desktop connection, launch your webcam software that you typically use to take pictures/videos.
3. From the webcam software you will be able to see everything that the camera sees on the computer it is attached to.

If you really need to have more than one person logged in, then you could user a 3rd party remote desktop software. I realize that this solution is not "pretty" but it would work it you just wanted to check in a couple times. Not practical for a continuous feed.

Dan

You can use an application like Webcam 2000 (live feed jpg's) then use a java applet, or even a refreshing page to continuously pull the image from your machine.

I see your point though :)

SPeedY_B said:
Most of these apps simply use Microsofts underlying FTP stuff to connect, so they wouldn't be blocked.

is "dslftp.dsl.pipex.com" definitely the right ftp address?

Yes definately ! It's what I use to upload to my webspace using Terrapin ftp. I also tried Dorgem too, and I still get 'unable to connect to ftp server' message. I think I'll try a call to my ISP and see what they say.

Cheers Speedy and thanks again.

Perhaphs just try connecing to the ftp site using the standard windows commands.

ftp dslftp.dsl.pipex.com

Then if it fails, you can tell if it was some setting needed that, Terrapin is providing (e.g Passive FTP).

A friend asked me this, and I think in the end he achieved it by using Dorgem and selecting an external app as the upload method (I think you can pass commands to an app of your choice).

Does anyone know the command I would use with Dorgem to get SSH to upload the pictures from the webcam via secure ftp?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back