Liteon DVD Rom

C

Chicane

i install this didnt work first time, so i unstalled it and my writer, and it worked first time, there was no drivers for it, the web site says use the XP default, now after another reset, it refuses to budge.

n e ideas or drivers?

LTD 163D DVD Drive

Cheers

Ps. I know its a cheap drive thats why i bought it...

yo mate, relax... please describe the problem.. you uninstalled what? the drivers or the drive itself, the writer? the CD/rw I suppose... slave/master info... whatever can be helpful..

of course I am not very good I suppose as well... so it may just be me that has not understood what you are saying :)

cheers backatcha...

YNWA !!!

Liteon

ok

the dvd is the master
the writer is the slave

i uninstalled the drivers then the drives in XP for both drives

restarted both detected and worked fine

brb

Urrrm so whats the problem????????????.. u say its working now !?????

As far as which drivers you should use.. XP should detect and install the CD/DVD drivers.. IT WONT BE LITEON specific, but a Microsoft certified generic driver, which should WORK FINE.

I have a Liteon DVD and it works just dandy. Doesnt seem like a cheap DVD rom drive..

use a the same player myself ,hadn't had any probs. are your cables hooked up correctly,do they show up on your post screen
when you boot up?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back