Lite-on?

-seek-

OSNN Addict
Is LITE-ON a very good quality company? I am thinking of buying a DVD burning and player from them...

I always liked Lite-On never had trouble with their drives

Sony thinks enough of them that they outsource all of there CD drives to Lite-on. It may say Sony on the box but it's a Lite-on inside.

I have one right now and it is making strange noises....I dont think I'd get another cheap one again. Go with a nice brand like sony or asus

cool I rode dirt bikes in the Placerville area. Been through Placerville many times on the way to Tahoe.

Lite-On is pretty cool. Its not the best stuff but it just keeps on working, you wont loose out by picking up their stuff.

LeeJend said:
Sony thinks enough of them that they outsource all of there CD drives to Lite-on. It may say Sony on the box but it's a Lite-on inside.

I thought Matsu****a made most of the stuff for Sony, especially the drives.

Anyway, I've always rated LiteOn highly for their quality and have always used their drives on my computers, with the exception of my most recent DVDRW which I got when PC World closed down.

just some advice go with nec, and kermit plz dont start to flame, because i just recently had bad experiance with 5 liteon dvd writers all firmware is up to date and not hacked, and i was using good imation media 8x, to burn about 300 copies of the yearbook dvd in school, at the end of the dvd on a lot of copies its screws up a lot as if it were really scratched when its not. never had this problem with the necs we used last year even though we used crapier media. nec all the way

Never had issues with any of my Lite-on drives.

try burning 300 dvds in a row and we will see if that was just our drives or liteons in general

Dont mention my name in your posts you dont want me to flame? your the one that flames people you and your cousin.

i just said dont start to post about how nec makes the best everyting in a sarcastic way, and it wasnt only us just to let u know it was many others as u can see again in this post that are reccomending nec, i dont want to start anything again thats why i mentioned u.

I have a Pioneer Dual Layer burner and I love it, its fast and quiet. They have released a few firmware updates to fix some things, over all its a great drive.

Model Number - DVR-A08 (Silver Model)

zeke_mo said:
I have one right now and it is making strange noises....I dont think I'd get another cheap one again. Go with a nice brand like sony or asus

Zeke, thanks, ROFLLMAO. "Don't buy Lite-on, buy a good brand like Sony." Hilarious. Scrape the label off your Sony and you'll find the Lite-on sticker underneath.

Ming - unless Sony changed who they were outsourcing to recently...
About 15 months ago Sony outsourced all their CD drives to Lite-on because they couldn't compete on cost. Probably still an old news post about it on CDfreaks.

LiteOn CDRW's are some of the best out there. However, their DVDRW's leave alot to be desired. Best to look at BenQ 1620, NEC 35xx or Pioneer 109

LeeJend said:
Hilarious. Scrape the label off your Sony and you'll find the Lite-on sticker underneath.
Yeah it's interesting that most people don't know that the majority of drives are just rebadged from a small number of actual drive makers.

how many companies make mechanisms anyhow? Panasonic, LG-Philips and?? I know Sony definatley do not make any of the hardware they sell optical wise.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back