Lite-On DVD Burners

P

pegusus

Hey, London Drugs is having a huge boxing week sale on boxing day of course and they have Lite-On dvd burners for like $169, so I was interested in getting one, just I don't know how good they are. Has anyone had any experience with these drives?

I have a LiteOn DVD drive and CD-ROM/RW drive and both have worked well ... If in doubt look for some reviews :)

I've got a Lite On 411 cd/dvd burner and a 10 pack of dvd+rw under the tree. I'll let you know how it works Christmas Day, in time for the Box Day sale.

My Lite on 40x12x48 CD burner is great. Quiet, reliable, no coasters. It did not like the Fuji 24x blanks (would only burn them as 16x media) but burns imation 24x blanks at 40x.

I'm waiting a bit longer before getting a dvd burner. They are still bringing out new formats for the damn things. :( Who knows which one they will eventually stick with.

Go for the lite-on. :)

Install was fast, no quirks.

Plays movies fine, burns the +RW at rated speed, just as quiet (completely unnoticable) as my 40x12x48 lite-on CDRW. Buddy of mine got the same drive today and is busy backing up his brothers DVD collection with no problems.

Software bundle is adequate but uninspiring.

Happy Boxing day

There is a Lite-On DVD/CD burner out there that can write any type of DVD format (including DVD ROM) and CD come to that. I read a blinding write up of this drive in one of the UK computer magazines and it was (then) only £145.00p. I’ve been looking for this drive ever since but can’t locate one. Iv’e noticed that the price of these units is free-fall so I’m going to wait until Mach. Always the best time to by computer kit.

:) :) :) :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back