List of problems I have had with games...HELP!!

T

Tazman

ok...so my story begins.

Originally I was running Windows ME on this platform..everything ran well with only a few problems, all my games worked.
PIII 733mhz
512mb pc133
30gb ATA 100
modem
40x rom
cd re-writer
Voodoo 4 4500
QDI Advance 10f motherboard

THEN I upgraded to windows XP and everything went tits up!
None of my games work, they either hang the machine or reboot it, I try to get some decent drivers for the voodoo but none of them seemed to work. I tweaked the settings and still nothing.

SO I changed my Vid card thinking it was becuase there aren't any "official" drivers for voodoo's anymore

I now have an ATI radeon 64mb 7200

I wiped my hard drive and reinstalled XP so that everything was detected fresh. and used all the latest drivers for everything.

my games worked!!! well.....one of them for about 10 mins before it hung again.

I'm starting to suspect my motherboard is not compatible so if anyone else is using a QDI Advance 10f board could you tell me if your having probs?

Also if anyone has any ideas for a solution...before I put ME back on...I would appreciate it.

I don't have an answer for you other than this possiblity....

you may have gone from the frying pan to the fire. I know people will disagree and can probably give you better info than this, BUT, the Voodoo card may very well have been your problem, as well the ATI may still be. ATI is not exactly the best at providing good drivers (actually they often put out shit drivers)..which is too bad, because actual design and construction of the board itself is outstanding. ATI makes GREAT boards....just SHITTY drivers. Go with an nvidia board...much better drivers. Although, some people have their own issues there as well, but far less than ATI users. Again, hopefully someone else will provide you with a workable fix. Note, even though I stated my belief, my brother-in-law is running an ATI card on one of his XP machines with no problems and is an ATI fanatic.

You can try installing the latest Via 4 in 1 Drivers from http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=2. Not having those installed might cause some issues. If you really want to use XP and have it work well i suggest getting a GeForce 2 or 3.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back