linux

Well, booting from the cd works regardless of number and types of drives, but you will need a blank drive or at least a blank partition to install it to. Otherwise, you'll overwrite your XP installation. As for why it didn't work, I dunno. Should have if you did it correctly. I've done it a 100 times, literally. DONT go any further, though, if you have no empty drive or partition to install it on. I never had any trouble with the redhat distro's not burning right. Keep checking the thread, maybe someone has had the same issues you're having and can shed some light. :confused:

Alright thanks for the help!! But yea i am just goin to do the burn image like u said earlier. If that dont work then i unno. But thanks again for the help.

Well i got it to work. But of course knowing me i didnt forgot to make disk 2 and 3 so i have to start all over!!!!

Hey i was wondering if i could some how get aol on linux. And how bout kazaa,msn messenger? I doubt messenger but i would like kazaa lite too me.

you should rather get a bittorrent and emule program for linux. Plus I dont think there's a kazza lite port for linux.

I did find a k-lite download for Linux. Because of the turmoil currently surrounding it, I wont post the link, but I'll email the link to you if you want it. Great to hear you got the iso to burn! :D As stated above, bittorrent and emule are great progs, too...check them out.

alright thanks. Could u send me the link? But iam goin to try and find a way to install aol on it since i unno any other way to get online. Since i am new at the linux thing.

Thanks alot man! Yea Yea i know that aol is crappy! But it gets me online and thats all i do. I just use it to connect and then i use internet explorer and aim and msn messenger.

alright thanks man! One more question. Instead of getting that aol thing for linux can i just get the numbers i use to dial on aol from windows and use it on linux?

I doubt that would work. AOL needs it's proprietary software in order to connect.

I remember there being software that allowed Linux users to connect to AOL using open source software. This was a couple versions ago so I'm not too sure if it exists now. I'm also not very sure how well it worked since I have never used AOL in my life.

LOL I unno what u all have against aol. I mean i neve have problems with it. cept one time they messed up on a bill and gave us 2 free months! But yea i doubt i could connect to aol with my modem i have anyway. This week i am gonna try and work on linux since i havent been home all weekend. But thanks for all the help from everybody. Peace

check out Fedora Core 1 from Red Hat download page. VERY nice installer and it went in without a hitch. I've used every flavor of linux and I really liked the ease of this one. Great for beginners! NIC install was a little weird, but I've seen worse.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back