linux

trackrat

Birmingham UK
Is their a free downloadable version of a linux OS.
I have BB, so the download will be no problem.
Regards Alan :confused:

mandrake, gentoo, slackware, suse, redhat fedora, and millions others

http://www.distrowatch.com/

persoanly i think gentoo is the best but for a new user mandrake 9.2 is great but if u have a basic LG cdrom it might kill it but if it is a burner or dvd rom u are fine

The couple of sites I have been too are asking you to buy mandrake & redhat, can anyone post me some links to the free downloads as i have just put together a new computer and wanted to experiment with Linux.

thanks

Thanks to you all for the links, I will have a look tomorrow when I have more time to do downloads. :eek:

I dropped a clanger :eek: I burned the first two redhat discs as a normal data disc instead of an iso image disc.
Can i put these discs back in and burn another to an iso image or do I have to download them again.

Just copy the ISO off of the CD's back to your HD and them burn the image.

Penguin can I put the disc in the dvd player, select burn ISO image then burn it or do I have to download it to the hard drive first?. :confused:

trackrat said:
Penguin can I put the disc in the dvd player, select burn ISO image then burn it or do I have to download it to the hard drive first?. :confused:
i would recommend copying it to the hard drive first.

good choice but just in case i have encournted some errors with fedora with 2 network cads and some USB 2.0 by SIS and VIA, they were hulting the systems but once disabled and a USB card was entered all was good, i just thought you might want to know of this bug if u encountered it.

canadian_divx said:
good choice but just in case i have encournted some errors with fedora with 2 network cads and some USB 2.0 by SIS and VIA, they were hulting the systems but once disabled and a USB card was entered all was good, i just thought you might want to know of this bug if u encountered it.
Thanks for all your replies, I have plenty to think about now.
Regards Alan

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back