Linux Shells

Geffy

OSNN Veteran Addict
Does any body know of any free or one time (small) payment Linux shells that allow BG processes such as BNC and bots.

I have found Polarhome, which is good, but I kinda need one more.

You'll be lucky to find a company offering this sort of thing, i've had shells through friends with linux boxes on cable/dsl before now and i think its a heck of a lot easier that way.
You can easily get permissions for the things you want to run etc without and hassle.

Actually that one aint that good, I dont think I can get 100 clicks, I barely got 30 on my spaceports account a few years back.

Sure you can, im sure plenty of people off these forums would help you get the 100 needed :)

sorry I dont think I can be bothered as I would have to pull in 100 clicks per month just to keep it alive.
Link deleted.

Anybody know of a person or place that I can get a linux shell from to run an eggdrop from.

Setup your own linux box! saves a lot of time :p
(clicked it btw :D )

I have got a linux box, but
  • Its behind a router, which I cant get to auto pass port 113 straight through
  • The network card doesnt seem to install right <-- think I know how to fix that
  • Its on an ADSL connection, but as there is hardly anybody at home I cant leave it on as parents dont like leaving things plugged much less running when no one is there
  • Could also run in Norway on Windows Box that is never turned off, but my dad (in infinite wisdom) disconnects the ADSL connection when we arent using it

If only I could convince parents that a firewall is adiquate protection for them on ADSL or that computers with no monitors attached really dont use that much power and that as we are paying a monthly fee for the ADSL we should really have something using it.

Geffy m8 , give me your address and I'll send you 5$ :D
what about that shell address you gave me to check out ?

Polarhome, I got one there, but I kinda want a separate shell for the second bot.

I have found somewhere, but I am going to wait a til the first of December when I can get online all of the time so that I can set it up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back