Linux 2.6 Kernel Released!

Corvette

Sauske!
I'd just like to say and start discussing about this:
They released the Linux 2.6 kernel yesterday! Me being a linux user makes this news exciting. I'm using Red Hat 9 with the 2.4 kernel but I can't get internet to work so I can't download it through the online update utility.

This is an unoffical discussion about the 2.6 Kernel release.

I doubt RedHat will update to 2.6 on old systems. That will probably hang on til next release (Fedora Core 2). But I guess you can do it manually. ;)

why cant you get the internet to work?

Having trouble getting my new Broadband connection to work under Red Hat 9.

What are you connecting through? ie: Modem internal/external, DSL, Cable..etc.

It's a cable modem connected through my HP 10/100 Fast Ethernet Adaptor that came with my computer.

Also since this is a linux discussion, I'd like to say that I was able to get my printer to work.

what does ifconfig tell you?

Not to be condescending, but if you cant get the internet to work, recompiling a new kernel might not be your cup-o-tea.

Make sure that your computer is set to receive an IP address via bootp or DHCP (not sure which protocol Red Hat uses).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back