Linspire 5 for free

L

Lee

<edit> I am sure I put this in the trading and bargains section, I must go check out my eyes</edit>

Saw this at neowin, so for free save $49.99 dl Linspire.

First go here.

Click "Buy Linspire"

Click "Apply Coupon"

Enter: linspire4RA

The next confirmation screen (for me at least) showed my download to be for 4.5. Ignore that and go to your downloads section > products and 5.0 will be listed as an option.

See also they are giving you a month free of their CLick-n-Run service as well.

Review of Linpsire 5.0
Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good, will be installing it on an old laptop, not bad for free. :up:

Linux for free. heh. Almost seems funny. :laugh:

Thanks lee lee :)...will be trying this out once and if i ever get it download :\.

sweet.

/me luvs free stuff via promo codes. :)

thx for the pointer Lee. Rep+ comin ur way.

5 is nice .. I have the live cd version of it, I like it alot. I already have a developement account with them. Thanx for the info though lee ..

Lee said:
<edit> I am sure I put this in the trading and bargains section, I must go check out my eyes</edit> Saw this at neowin, so for free save $49.99 dl Linspire. First go here. Click "Buy Linspire" Click "Apply Coupon" Enter: linspire4RA The next confirmation screen (for me at least) showed my download to be for 4.5. Ignore that and go to your downloads section > products and 5.0 will be listed as an option. See also they are giving you a month free of their CLick-n-Run service as well. Review of Linpsire 5.0Enjoy!

Hi Lee,

This code seems expired. Do you have a new code that works?

It was only a special promtion for a limited time as far as I know.

If you seriously want to try linux, then linspire is not the right distro for anyone.

Please, if you ever take any of my advice that I give on these forums, take note of this bit.

Stay far, far away from Lindows/Linspire. If you want to try a linux distro for free, there are far superior versions out there like Fedora, Mandrake. If you want to try BSD, go FreeBSD. But for all that is good in the world stay away from Linspire.

My position is more because of the company than the software. Linspire OS is a decent operating system. It is more user friendly than most fresh installs of a linux distro, but it is very buggy at times.

I have been in battle with Linspire for almost 3 years now with a billing dispute. Everytime they assure me it is resolved, I find another outrageous charge on my card. They have pushed me so far that I have filed reports with the FTC and anyone I can and I'm considering a lawyer.

They are money-grubbing leeches that do not care for their product or their customers. Be VERY weary of any offer you get from Linspire and make sure you read every little detail and even make backups of the offers if you can, so they can't try to spin it on you like they have with me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back