Linksys Wrieless-G 2.4GHz Router with SpeedBooster keeps disconnecting

Gary Pandher

OSNN Senior Addict
basically told you everything i know in the title..
Linksys Wrieless-G 2.4GHz Router with SpeedBooster keeps disconnecting after a couple of minutes. it does it no matter if its in use or not it just keeps disconecting and then reconnecting..anyone know why this happens? n if theres a fix to it?

Reg

eXperienced!
I had a similar problem when I first bought my Netgear G router with speedboosting. The problem, apparently, is Windows-related. Speedboost works by bursting the connection beyond 54Mb by using simultaneous spreads. Windows XP detects this boost and adjusts itself to the change. However, when the burst settles back down (every few seconds to a few minutes), Windows XP interprets this as a drop in the signal and thus, drops the connection. It then reconnects at the current speed and the cycle repeats itself.

You have two options for a fix:

1. Use a Linksys-G card that has software to accept the burst (taking Windows XP completely out of the loop). Or

2. Upgrade to RC2 of Windows XP SP2. This problem has been corrected in SP2.

Gary Pandher

OSNN Senior Addict
im not using the wireless access tho..its all cat 45 cables for now..just got it cuz im gonna be buying a laptop soon...
modem> cat45 to router> cat45 to cpu
it shudn't drop the connection shud it?

Gary Pandher

OSNN Senior Addict
the wire used for networking .... it looks like a telephone wire but its thicker and the head is bigger for it....i beleive its called a cat45 cable ...

Reg

eXperienced!
Gary Pandher said:
the wire used for networking .... it looks like a telephone wire but its thicker and the head is bigger for it....i beleive its called a cat45 cable ...
I believe you are attempting to refer to a Category 5 (or Category 5e) cable with RJ45 ends. RJ45 is the type of connector. Category 5 (a.k.a. Cat5/Cat5e) is the type of cable.

As for SP2, you shouldn't be using pirated software. That is the leading cause to the spread of viruses and rising costs for Windows users.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arrangel