Linksys Wireless Router WRT54G

rem1x6

Brian = D
Alright i just went from an old school D-link router *not wireless* and i got a new Linksys wireless Router, Wireless G version 5. Well on my old D-link i had no problem with my latency problem on my games. I play Counter-Strike Source and I opened all the ports needed to play it, now when i try to play it the latency is crazy! its 300-500 sometimes 600. I don't kno whats going on and i don't kno any other ports to open. I opened all the ports that Steam told me to open but i don't kno anything else. Can someone tell me if i need to open a port up or anything like that?

I had a similar problem with gaming on several routers. The port forwarding seemed to add lag. The more forwarded ports the more lag.

I finally gave up and run DMZ on my gaming machine with zonealarm which does not seem to affect lag except in BF2 where it chokes the **** out of it.

rem1x6 said:
Alright i just went from an old school D-link router *not wireless* and i got a new Linksys wireless Router, Wireless G version 5.

so you went from a wired router to a wireless router. My question... your PC (CS PC) how was it connected using ur old router, and how is it connected now.. (EX: was Wired... now Wireless.. OR Was Wired.. .and still is Wired..)

Still wired = / i don't kno, i think after i changed my router my internet has been going a little slow also. Do you think i might have messed with too many ports which is making my internet a little slow. Its splited into 2 wired computers and 1 wireless laptop.

rem1x6 said:
Still wired = / i don't kno, i think after i changed my router my internet has been going a little slow also. Do you think i might have messed with too many ports which is making my internet a little slow. Its splited into 2 wired computers and 1 wireless laptop.

I would upgrade the firmware if a newer one is available. and if its still slow do a master reset.. if its still slow.. switch the new router with your old router (perferably when you fee your net is slow) just to make sure the problem is the new router.. if its the new router then i would go crazy and start trying to figure it out. also i'm also assuming ur secured your wireless, making sure nobody is stealing ur bandwidth ( thats a possibility ). could be a lot of things but lets make sure its the new router before you go out ur mind :nervous:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back