LinkSys Wireless G Router and Wireless PCI Adapter

retread

OSNN Junior Addict
Currently using Windows 2000. Keep receiving a "No Association with AP" message when trying to connect to the LinkSys Wireless G router. Have tried with Win XP. Same problem. I have tried a static IP address and dns severs. No joy! I swapped pci adapters with a working compter. Same as before. Spent an hour on the telephone with LinkSys tech. support. Running ipconfig/all shows the connection, but no info., ie., no ip address, dns servers, gateway, etc. The person took me through the same steps I got from their web site. The computer is an Intel PIII running at 750MHz. It has 512 MB of ram. Pinging the router does not work. Earlier today I installed a LinkSys wireless B USB adapter to it and the connection was good. I want to upgrade the network to G. Any ideas. Thanks for the help in advance.

I had a windows XP machine with the same problem. Basically I tried 3 different linksys Wireless G WMP54G Version 4 (I think) cards, none of them worked. I had a pre-standard wireless G WMP54G card (I think it's classified as version 2) and it worked just fine, I also had a B card WMP11 and it worked fine. I ended up just throwing the B card in as my router is B anyways. Maybe there's something with these new WMP54G cards. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Thanks for the reply. I also thought the card was defective and returned it for a replacement. Install the new card, same problem. Swapped cards with one from a working wireless computer. The replacement card works flawlessly in the second computer and I still cannot make the one in the orginal computer work. I am still playing around trying different things.

Yeah I've have some wierd stuff happen with newer linksys products. Anyways if you find a solution and if you can post it that would be great. I'd be really curious on how you got it work, if you get it to work.

Thanks

Problem solved! I was using drivers downloaded from the LinkSys web site. Uninstalled adapter and reinstalled using drivers from the installation CD. Works great. Thanks for the replys.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back