Linksys Wireless-B Router Problem

wessleym

OSNN Addict
I'm having a problem with my Linksys Wireless-B Router Problem (BEFW11S4). Everyday, the router seems to lock up in the early evening. When it locks up, it will not respond in any way to any computer connected to it, not even pings. When it is power cycled, the problem is fixed. What is going on?

Hello, I've got the same router and the same problems. There is a website called www.dslreports.com that had answers to other problems I was having with it. Have you updated the firmware to the router?

firmware update should fix the problem... it did for me.

No, I've already updated the firmware. That did no good. Any other ideas?

what version and are you sure you got the version for the right linksys.

Try disabling UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) its for network devices but it screwed my netowrk, disabling it fixed it. UPnP is also a security risk.

http://www.grc.com/unpnp/unpnp.htm <-- this is is a small app to disable it. I used it, no probs.

I have the same problem with my BEFSR11. And for some reason, the two latest firmwares dont allow me to access certain FTP sites.

-JJB

wessleym said:
UPnP has already been disabled, and I have the correct firmware.

You need to disable it on your computers, not just the router. I disabled it in my router but since it was still enabled in windows it was screwing up the router. The app is to disable it in windows.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back