Linksys WAG54G

dreamworks

--== babyface ==--
Hi guys ..

I'm planning to get the Linksys WAG54G wireless ADSL modem router but i have one unit in the office and it doesn't seem to be pretty stable.

What do you guys think? Any feedback on this unit? I need an ADSL modem what comes with built in wireless router function and switch in it.

Appreciate your feedback. Thanks. :lick:

netgear dg834gt is a better more stable router

the WAG54G version 1 was notorious for its firmware/hardware issues which were never resolved, it was a complete and utter failure from linksys, it is now obsolete.

it's sucessor, the WAG54G version 2 seems to be comming along alright, but still has some teething problems

if you would like a rock solid configuration i suggest getting a linksys WRT54g (wireless router) + netcomm NB5 (ADSL 2+ modem, very cheap, very good sync speeds, rock solid in bridge mode). Bridge the modem with the router.

if you would like an all in one solution take a look at the billion 7402x range, they are pretty reliable.

ps. which country do you live in? it can make the selection a wee bit easier cause some solutions are subject to locale :) .

Last edited:
Netgear DG834GT "Note this product is not available in North America."

Post your country. Standards are different everywhere.

Just going to say our Dlink makes a a heck of a lot of mains hum.... compare dto the two others we have (Linksys and Edimax).... Lord still wants to get something that has ADSL2 capability - but I am not happy about the premium prices on such products at the moment....

Right .. I'm from Malaysia and to be honest, I rather prefer something that has everything built-in. Meaning, wireless, router, and modem function already standard. Don't mind paying the premium price, as long as the product is good. :)

I will scout out for Netgear since it is so much recommended :)

i have a wag54g, had it for 2 years. am just about to replace it with a wag354g i think :D very easy setup and rock solid. is on 24/7/365.

Yeah guys .. what about Linksys WAG354G instead? Heard a few good reviews about this model in the market?

ok so i just got the wag354g. took me 1 min to setup adsl stuff + that was it!

more options on the setup than wag54g, but just as simple to get going.

Finally i got my Linksys WAG354G after much consideration. I am checking through the firmware updates in found the latest version to be 1.01.05 and downloaded the file - WAG354G-EU_v1.01.05.tar.bz2.

But I dun know how to upgrade the firmware, i mean is this a zip file or what?

Anyone has any idea?

Thank you sir .. on a lighter note, I reckon that there is a new firmware for Linksys WAG54G ver. 1.01.29 but can't find it on the linksys website. Any idea where I can download the firmware please?

Just checked there site, the Firmware button isnt used so Im guessing there is no update available.

Also, I have NEVER seen a firmware provided in tar format, they either come zipped (.zip) or in the actual bin format.

could have been for linux users as is was a tar.bz2 ;)

Dunno bout new firmware for the wag54g, there always used to be firmware on the site for it, but no more :(

i have a wag54g, had it for 2 years. am just about to replace it with a wag354g i think
But WAG354G does not support VPN tunnel and WAG54G does support that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back