Linksys router sending wrong ip address...

Techno Child

web{designer}
Hey everyone...

I have a router that automatically updates my DynDns account for the home server, and everything usually works just fine. Every now and then when the connection is reset, the router sends off it's local ip address instead of the newly assigned address from my isp. How can I fix this? Is this normal?

Any info would be appreciated.

-tc

???

Are you sure your PC is simply not pulling a DHCP address and instead using the standard windows IP address: 169.254.X.X

See: LINK
If your local IP address is returned as 169.254.y.z with a subnet mask of 255.255.0.0, the IP address was assigned by the Automatic Private IP Addressing (APIPA) feature of Windows XP Professional. This assignment means that TCP/IP is configured for automatic configuration, that no DHCP server was found, and that no alternative configuration is specified. This configuration has no default gateway for the interface.

Thanks for the response. I am actually all mac on this network, and there is no pc connected at all. The ip that my router sends off occasionally is either 10.0.1.4 , or 192.168.3.1 . These are just random ips that the DHCP server is passing out, and neither on of them are static for any machine on the network.

Is this something that is unheard of? It may just be another defective router, linksys has been giving me troubles lately.

-tc

How many Macs are on the network? are they manually configured or configured to automatically pull DHCP?

The two servers are manually configured out of the dhcp range, and most everything else is wireless. I don't quite see how it would be relevant though.

I guess I'll reconfigure everything using an old netgear router to see if it still sends off the wrong ip... I think it had DynDns updating capabilities.

-tc

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back