Linksys NIC

XPos

OSNN Addict
Ok I did a search and didn't find a solution to the problem I'm having.

Just put together a new PC. The first time I installed XP I was able to connect to the internet without installing any updated drivers. I installed Kazaa and didn't like all the spyware/adware programs invading my computer. Figured the best way to get rid of them was to do a fresh install of XP. XP acknowledges my NIC and shows that the device is working but I can't access the internet. I followed my ISP's instructions for setting up my TCP/IP connection and still no luck. Which driver am I suppose to use for the card? The floppy is version 5 driver disk.

Is the rumor true about XP expiring in a couple of years?

A better option would be to get updated drivers from the Linksys site.

Ok got the updated drivers and it still won't connect. If XP can see the NIC and tells me that I'm connected. Its got to be the network configuration, right? I'm double checking my bios settings now. For internet surfing all I need is the TCP/IP protocols, what's this QOS thing?

qos thing is the thing that supposed to be taking 20% of your bandwith :). some microsoft crap. can be disabled somewhere, cant recall now.

Thanks for the help. Simple sollution. Unplug everything and let the ip addresses refresh themselves. Now I can surf and stuff.

Thanks

Craig

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back