Linksys hole

tdinc

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Linksys hole allows data grab and network crash:02 June 2004
By Matthew Broersma, Techworld.com

Read

Knew that this would happen ever since the security team discovered that Cisco products had a defect in them.
Besides, Linksys is a Cisco brand (for those who didn't know).

Posted story in the Security section, Forums Front Page of a different Router, a wireless one made by them.

Story

Different source and problem though. But good heads-up tdinc just the same. :)

I'll go and post. :)

Gave you credit for it tdinc. :)

Story

Glad I don't own any of their products.

I use a d-link router. I like its firmware

Xie said:
For anyone suggesting a Netgear router .. here.

I have the MR814v2 wireless router. Just tried out that username/password combination. Doesn't seem to affect this particular model.
Woo yay
grin.gif

New Firmware befsr41 v1 v2

There is a new firmware for the befsr41 v1 & v2 got it installed without much hassle, After upgrade all settings were still there.
Small problem with Dhcp, it does not load when boot comp, so i have to untick
Dhcp then tick again and apply to config page and then its ok.
But this is only because i switch comp and all psu's at end of night.
Maybe someone could shed light on why this might happen?
Thanks
dee

Was checking out dslreports forum (as I always do before updating my router firmware) and read that some ppl are having to refresh there WAN IP like everyday (some every 1-2 hrs) and then a few are also unable to do any online gaming with disconnect.

BEFSR11 update 6-4-2004 - INCLUDES a BOOTP vulnerability fix.

Check for recent updates for your linksys routers! They finally addressed the vulnerability.

It's about time... I don't know how they can keep customers with this type of support.

im afraid to upgrade to this version because last time i upgraded firmware i wasent able to play online multiplayer games. what do u guys think? should i install it? also how do i find out which version of the router i have. i know i have the BEFSR41 but i dont know what version.

upgrade or not

Hi dont no much about the on line games bit, but the version number should be on the bottom of the router on a label model no.
Hope this helps ya
regards
dee

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back