Linksys BEFSR41 Router + FTP and IIS

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi Guys,

I have a Linksys BEFSR41 Router, with two computers connected to it. both computers see each others files and they connect to the internet. The problem happens when I try to forward a port (Port21) for my FTP server. I follow the instructions on the no-ip site and in the owners manual about disabling the DHCP. when I do that, i lose all connection to internet from both machines (Browswers, email). The FTP works great though. what can I do? the same hold true for my IIS(Port80). FTP doesn't work when DHCP is enabled. Thanks in advance.

Heeter

Thanks Enyo,

I will try that right away. Will the IP on network be the one that the router assigned to it? i see a 192.168.1.105 on the ip under the LAN connection

Heeter

Got it, working fine...

Where were you yesterday as I was pulling out my hair???LOL

I am happily bald now.... Thanks a lot for the help......

Heeter

The IIS i am using is from the RC2 Beta Windows 2003 Server that I got from microsoft. Do you think that it is still needing patches? I just put it through windows update and it came up empty. But I will still install the Security analyzer and see what I need from there. I am bound and determined to setup my own webpage all by myself. Thanks so much for the help, Enyo

Heeter

Yeah, Enyo.

It actually comes locked down, hehe, I am still trying to figure out how to get into it, it is sooo locked down. Guess MS heard that there was problems with the last ones. IIS is still going a great learning experience for me, cant wait to figure out how some of it works. I got somewhat of a page setup that I made with CUTESitebuilder, that i want to see if I can put it on the net myself. I got everything else installed (No-ip and port forwarding,etc...) I am doing a lot of reading on IIS since last night.

Heeter

JEEEES, Enyo

You are just a wealth of info, my friend. I am happy you are here!!
That is exactly the site I need to learn from. Thanks!!!

Heeter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back