Linkin Park - Reanimation CD

Kr0m

OSNN Veteran Addict
I bought this CD lastnight and have no idea how to listen to it via my PC. WMP, Winamp, Jet Audio don't show the songs.

I loaded CDex and the songs listed just fine but I have no intentions of ripping it to my harddrive.

Any Ideas?

PS. Other CDs show up fine in the programs mentioned above.

Its quite good.

I didn't have any trouble playing it on my PC... but then again it might be just because i got mine in Australia where it may not have the protection.

If all else fails, rip it to wave files and then reburn them onto a blank so you can listen to them.

Enyo: Yeah, I know I could rip it if I wanted to, but I don't. I figured I'd clear that up before people suggested that as an option.

I can open the CD fine from Windows Explorer, but all it shows is a few files(Video, and a couple other things, no music file).

I finally got it to play by right clicking on my CD drive and selecting "Play", and it brought up Winamp 3(which I don't use often). I guess Winamp 2 and other programs don't support whatever is used on this CD.

burn it

i dont mean copy it, i mean burn it. with fire. thats the worst album ive ever heard. way to mooch off a terrible first album, lads...

There first album was one of the best out there, and of course this cd wasent going to be that good, its a remix cd! I like it because i like that trance/rock stuff mixed!

The album is very good... it's a good remix of their songs and I myself enjoyed it very much.

Different tastes in music for different people. :cool:

As for the CD problem look to see if auto play has been turned off. If it has turn it on.

Then...

If you have Tweak UI of XP open it and click on the little plus box next to "My Computer" on the left side then on the little plus box next to "Auto Play" then click on "Handlers".

You can edit or create the way you want to play the CDs.

This way whatever you have assigned to play your Audio CDs will start rite up as soon as you place the CD in the drive.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by Kr0m
I can open the CD fine from Windows Explorer, but all it shows is a few files(Video, and a couple other things, no music file).

The new Pigface album is the same way, it has a bunch of QT movies but shows no audio at all. And even though my drive is set to autoplay QT media and audio cds, it did nothing. Usually mixed content will bring up the "what do you want to do" window.... I was able to play it by opening it through the file menu in WMP9 and as you said in an earlier post CDex has no problems reading/ripping it.

Not sure if it something you want to do since you've already stated you don't want to rip it, but you could make a "computer" copy by ripping and burning to a cd, the backup I made plays right away as it should in my drive. Then you can just delete the mp3s when you're done.

I tried it with Winamp 3 and it played fine.

Originally posted by hybrid
burn it

i dont mean copy it, i mean burn it. with fire. thats the worst album ive ever heard. way to mooch off a terrible first album, lads...

hybrid: If I wanted people's opinion on the album I would have ask for it.

Originally posted by Kr0m
hybrid: If I wanted people's opinion on the album I would have ask for it.

Hahahahahaha... :p

and if id wanted your smartarse coments, id have asked for them and all..

the album is terrible. so **** if you like it, its a public forum, for voicing opinions. if people didnt voice opinions on here, the whole place would go to pot..

nobody asked your opinion on the album hybrid, dude was having a problem listening to it and you go and pop off about what you think about the album.

Answer me this, how does that help him listen to the album smartarse???????

feel free to keep your negative comments to yourself.

and yes he's a mod

cool.gif

At any rate, I got it working, this thread should be closed since it's going down hill fast.

I started it looking for help with something and it's turning into a p!*sing match.

hybrid, from looking through some of your previous posts in other threads, it seems that you don't have anything good to say about a lot of things. Let's not become a forum troll... mmkthnxbye.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back