Linkedin.com

I don't like any type of "social type" of site. I feel the net is becoming saturated with it. facebook, myspace and the like. I feel if anyone wants to network, in terms of business, I find the old fashion way is best. :)

I agree with tdinc. However, I believe Sazar and Bman both use it.

I want to get a profile setup on it. Though they aren't the only means, Linkedin.com, and (to some extent) Facebook are easy ways to network, and I can only see them getting more popular.

P.S. It's a sin to compare Facebook and Linkedin.com to MySpace ;p

Last edited:
Oh wow ... I hadn't seen this post before making my linkedin remark.

Yes, I've had an account for agesnages and just had reason today to actually put together a profile and start to take it seriously.

I *hate* myspace. I had an account just so I could communicate with a couple teenage friends, but it made me crazy. I won't try anything else like it, tho I did enjoy yahoo 360 when it seemed to be working (and why I'm looking for new blog software). ...

So, yes ... I have a profile and it does seem to be the one site that's taken seriously in the (Bay Area, at least) professional environment.

When I showed one of my teen friends the myspace page of an adult male that she knew through her parents, her reply was "Ewwww ... that's gross. He shouldn't be here showing that!"

I agree with tdinc. However, I believe Sazar and Bman both use it.

How do you know that, are you on my network?

haha, I have it, and once in awhile go on, update things, but since I am still 19 I don't have that much of a use, since I dont have a built up network of co-workers and people. Still a very usefull site.

tdinc is right, yet I don't find LinkedIN as bad as those other sites, but I am sure this is going to be the new way of things, at least for my generation, and I might as well get used to it.

B, you had it in your signature for a while, a while ago.

I don't like any type of "social type" of site. I feel the net is becoming saturated with it. facebook, myspace and the like. I feel if anyone wants to network, in terms of business, I find the old fashion way is best. :)

I am going to start a new social networking site called MyLinkedInFace and make meelyons.

:cool:

I'm getting more into it now, amazing how many contacts are out there and I think it's a great idea.

If anyone else has it, please send me a PM with your info as I want to grow my network :)

facebook/linkedin/myspace are all interesting ideas. It has been interesting watching the social networking sites evolve having been involved in some early that have gone under and some current ones now.

My take on the "big 3" so to speak of Myspace, Facebook, Linked..

Myspace:
Huge mess of overbloated crap. Seems to be the most popular in the EMO/Prepubescent set seem to have an unofficial competition as to how awful they can make their pages be and who can design a page with the most crap that takes the longest to load.
I've signed up and hated it but did get in touch with some people.

Facebook:
Original designed to cater to the college crowd - still seems to have the most faithful following in the college/post college age set. Can quickly follow down the Myspace road and become overbloated. I've signed up and managed to get back in touch with quite a few old friends from the past..

LinkedIn:
More geared towards the professional set.. it's a social/business networking tool and can be useful in that set to stay connected. I've signed up, but don't use it much.

I would have to agree with you a thousand times on this one here tdinc...it is rather true and more true that the net is becoming more saturated with these 'social' networks when in reality it is killing interactions with other humans in person. What is up with that! Seriously! My two cents

I am members of all three, kinda fading away but Linked in seems the most interesting to me. Probably in part because that is the one I have been a member of for the least amount of time.

I am going to make a site called myboot-yourface.com and humiliate millions.

All you damn myspacers/facebookers and what not are stealing my internet bandwidth, soon they will be gone though. The internet is mine.

I let them charge others for the use of my fad. Plus I have a backup of the nets for when it goes down.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back