Limiting Web Surfing in IE

dere

Forensix
I need to set up IE6 so that users can only go to one specific website, eg. https://www.thedomainname.com . I know that you can allow and block specific websites but I do not know exactly how to go about this to block everything but the one. I do not want the users to be able to go anywhere else.

typically a firewall will work for this issue, but the firewall will need to be advanced enough to be able to do this. i am talking about a hardware firewall. not software.

in I.E. they have security that only allows certain websites that can be viewed but if you have alot of users its easier for a firewall to come in place.

typically a firewall will work for this issue, but the firewall will need to be advanced enough to be able to do this. i am talking about a hardware firewall. not software.

in I.E. they have security that only allows certain websites that can be viewed but if you have alot of users its easier for a firewall to come in place.

what's wrong with software firewalls for this purpose? A Squid proxy or an ISA server can easily do what you want to do. Most proxy software in general should allow you to do this. Heck, even a decent client side firewall can be setup with some default deny rules to outside networks with a specific allow rule on port 80/443 to a specific IP/site/domain.

You could also get really creative and start changing the route table on the client but that takes a lot more work and knowledge.

You can use McAfee privacy service for this. The way it works is you set logins for each person, you can at that point set restrictions for the users. If you want them to go to one site it will be able to work. Like if you want them to just go to disney.com you can set it for that; any pages they try to go to after that will come saying page not found.

It comes with the McAfee suite, intenet security and such.

I works pretty good, I used it on my daughter for a while.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back