Limit user access time and automated log off

Treize Diamond

OSNN Newbie
Yay my first post....only hope it is in the right place....

Ok here is the deal. My friend has a daughter that spends every moment of her conscious life in front of their computer. What he wants is for a way to restrict her account. So far I have learned how to set log on times using the Net User testuser /time: command so she can only long on at certain times. What I need now is a way for the computer to automatically log her off after a set period of time has passed with her logged in regardless of weather or not the computer is active or idle. Any suggestions?

of course you know the problem is much deeper than the computer itself.

I am aware of that. However my friend works a fair ammount and any time restrictions he places will not work because the ability to log on and use the computer still exists. To aid him I am taking away the ability, providing better enforcement of the rule. Plus I enjoy clamping down on people's abilities to do things :D I leared well from my administrative supervisor...anyway do you have any ideas for a auto log off timmer?

The administrator could schedule a shutdown at certain times.

Just go to Microsoft scheduler and enter command (scheduled at whatever time)
shutdown /s /f /t 300
That would force a shutdown for 5 minutes time, allowing time to save work etc (300 is any time in seconds, can use any value)

Or you could use the shutdown command itself
At start-up could call a batch file which has the command
Shutdown /s /f /t 7200
Which would give her 2 hours of computer time (adjust appropriately) before it shuts down

That sounds very helpful. I might expiroment with that and have fun with it. Always worth the time to play :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back