limit cpu resources

dubstar

format c:
wondering if there is a way to limit a certain amount of resources of my CPU to software. I only want a game I play to have 70% of the CPU, not 100% which is currently takes up.. any way to limit this?

uhm.... i don't think there is a way to limit that. there may be, but i don't think there is. Doing so may also degrade the performance of said game. Anyone else agree/disagree/know of such a program?

the specs for the game are "recommended 1gig" and i have a 2500XP.. if i knocked it down to 70%, i assume it would be running at around 1.75GHz, which leaves me 750mhz to have my MP3 player on, and ventrilo (a free voice chat for guild communication)

That is what hyperthreading is for ;)

i may be wrong about this but seting priority in the task manager to the other programs might help. but this can lead to unstable conditions. Anyone have a comment on that. I

yeah. HyperThreading rules for games. i remember on my Celeron 1.2 (yes, i know, 1.2GHz ESPECIALLY in a celeron ain't much to begin with) whenever i minimized a game, it would take a few minutes for my desktop to show up if it was a heavily graphical game like UT2k3 or somethin like that. now it only takes a couple seconds to a minute at most.

i think changing priority won't have that kind of effect. not sure though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back