lightscribe?

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political User
So is it worth upgrading too? And since my case is an emachine, i have an extra drive to take off the faceplate..are those easy to change out?

BouncingSoul

Stranger Than Fiction
Political User
I got a Samsung DL DVD-RW with Lightscribe for under $40. Fast and cheap are a great combination. The face plates should just snap on and off, easy as pie.

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political User
with the lightscribe, do you ever need to fill or replace parts, or does the lightscribe part always work?

GoNz0

NTFS Stoner
lightscribe is an option u can set b4 the burn, or using 3rd party aps at any time. u dont need lightscribe media unless you want to burn an image on the cd/dvd

burn, flip the cd, burn the image. for the extra 10% its well worth it. i dont use it much at all, but it is there is i need it.

LeeJend

OSNN Veteran Addict
Works ok if you don't mind monochrome labels. The big advantage is that since the label is part of the media there is no risk of it degrading the disk and causing catastophic failure like the stick on labels can.

Catastophic failure = the label bubbles or is not applied evenly causing the disk to spin out of balance. Unbalanced disks spinning at very high RPM can disintegrate inside the drive trashing the drive (or entertainment center). This does not happen often but it only takes once. Check glued on labels periodically for signs of bubbling.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mariaomero