lightscribe?

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political Access
So is it worth upgrading too? And since my case is an emachine, i have an extra drive to take off the faceplate..are those easy to change out?

I got a Samsung DL DVD-RW with Lightscribe for under $40. Fast and cheap are a great combination. The face plates should just snap on and off, easy as pie.

with the lightscribe, do you ever need to fill or replace parts, or does the lightscribe part always work?

lightscribe is an option u can set b4 the burn, or using 3rd party aps at any time. u dont need lightscribe media unless you want to burn an image on the cd/dvd

burn, flip the cd, burn the image. for the extra 10% its well worth it. i dont use it much at all, but it is there is i need it.

media costs more than just buying cd labels and printing/sticking them.

i have it on my laptop, just haven't used it yet.

Works ok if you don't mind monochrome labels. The big advantage is that since the label is part of the media there is no risk of it degrading the disk and causing catastophic failure like the stick on labels can.

Catastophic failure = the label bubbles or is not applied evenly causing the disk to spin out of balance. Unbalanced disks spinning at very high RPM can disintegrate inside the drive trashing the drive (or entertainment center). This does not happen often but it only takes once. Check glued on labels periodically for signs of bubbling.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back