Light Show 2006

Techno Child

web{designer}
Hey Guys,

I have been working on a new project for this year - a christmas light show!
Just wondering if any of you have had experience with sequencing lights with music. Right now everything is being planned as manual operation using micro pushbutton switches for each channel consisiting of loads around 1.5Amps = Approx 400 lights. I am planning 50-60 channels totaling 20-25k mini lights (non-LED) .

I started working on computerized operation, however I do not have the knowledge of programming to the exact detail required in the sequence using basic or c++.

Any knowledge you all might have on the subject would be helpful in my next few months of planning and designing.

-tc

Did you just say Christmas? It's only August for god sake,Christmas is a banned word in this house till Dec 1st :dead:

marge said:
Did you just say Christmas? It's only August for god sake,Christmas is a banned word in this house till Dec 1st :dead:

Well... If i go the pre-sequenced route, It may take a few months to get the bugs worked out

tdinc said:
email the guy who started it all. im sure he would help you
http://www.komar.org/christmas/

Thanks for the link, I might just do that...

I'm assuming noone tried this over here on osnn?

I have no idea what it's all about as the text and colour your using makes it totally unreadable..

Evil Marge said:
I have no idea what it's all about as the text and colour your using makes it totally unreadable..
#888/#000 is pretty readable, I don't know what you have your monitor calibrated to... :suprised:

I agree the site could be a little bit easier to read.

Quite frankly, didn't want to stay too long as it would have taken too much effort/energy to read the text :p

I think she means the text is hard to read and it kinda is.

Your web site should be easy to read

I agree the site could be a little bit easier to read.

Quite frankly, didn't want to stay too long as it would have taken too much effort/energy to read the text :p
209062.gif

Well. Maybe I'll change it to #999/#000... I have been viewing it on a laptop LCD and it looked pretty good contrast wise, on my desktop's CRT it looks kinda dim.

Any Ideas on how I can modify my JVC camcorder to not autofocus? It is creating a blur when the lights flash. I am probably just going to get another camcorder that can manually focus. So far my 4.1mp digital camera has better video footage of the display :eek:

Wow! That's really cool! :D
I bet it took quite a bit of time and effort to get it all done. Hats off to you. :)

Ok, here you guys go... All nice and compressed and submitted to YouTube to save on bandwidth - http://lights.technochild.net/media.php

The first one works now, and the last one should come up shortly - YouTube is processing it... Enjoy!

Reps! Brought a smile to my face :)

Somebody put this on Digg...I guarantee the site will be dugg to hell :p

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back